Neurobics Kids Explained
"Neuro" = nerves or nervous system AND "-bics" = aerobics/exercise
Through a specially designed curriculum including specialised movement, action songs, sensory experiences, rhythmic play and yoga. We offer your child a brain boosting experience that will enhance their physical, cognitive, emotional and social skills.
By focusing on movement and sensory play, we build the neuro-networks for learning and for life. This leads to efficient processing of thoughts and actions and it makes life in general a little easier. Its like switching from manual driving to automatic... now your child's brain if free, balanced and READY to listen, interact, explore and LEARN! This gives rise to children who feel connected, capable and READY TO CONQUER THEIR DAY!
We believe that fun, play and love are imperitive to a child's early development and that is exactly what we offer. What we have witnessed thus far is a tremendous growth in the children. They are happier, healthier and stronger mentally as well as physically. Your child's happiness and well being is the most important thing for you , as it is for us.
- The class runs for 1 hour, 50min core coursework with a 10min buffer to help settle in and preparation to leave at the end.
- All children from the age of 6 months to 10 years old are welcome. Specially-abled children are welcome too. Please contact me for more details.
The Neurobics Kids Toolbox
Physical fitness and Motor skills:
Improving the child's overall fitness, muscle strength, core strength, agility, balance, coordination, spatial-awareness and hand-eye coordination. This is achieved through climbing, jumping, crawling, hopping and moving. Improving the brain-body connection and keeping your child aware of the space around them.
Brain Boosting Play:
Brain Boosting Movements stimulate and prepare the neural foundations for learning in the most incredible way. Each movement produces a "miracle-grow" substance called BDNF, that helps neurons grow, strengthens brain connections & pathways and improves over-all brain function. We also work with the primitive reflexes, these movements are designed to help the child organise the brain networks for more efficient thinking, feeling and doing.
Seven Sensory Systems:
Sensory play is calming and connects the child to the world around them. Through sensory-play the children are exposed to various sensory inputs and gradually learn to organise that information within their brains and give meaning to it. Being able to harmonise their response to sensory input will help them better understand the world and their role in it. Teaching children techniques to reduce stress, relax and be mindful will help them in every learning situations. We work with sight, sound, smell, taste, touch, balance and movement (the vestibular sense) and spatial and body awareness (the proprioceptive sense.)
Specialised movement ground children emotionally and play improves social skills. Working individually and within a group, children build their understanding of team-work, sharing, empathy and positive competition, it also creates a sense of independence and autonomy. Improving their socio-emotional skills and boosting confidence. Activities are designed to nurture the bond between the care-giver and the child.
Tips and Tricks:
Every class includes ideas and games that can be played at home and on the playground expanding the opportunities to improve learning.
Learning through movement and sensory-play is the cornerstone for all learning and living. Boosting these from the bottom up and from an early age gives children the best start in life. Classes are designed to improve reading, writing, attention, language, listening, organising and other learning skills needed inside and outside of the classroom. Preparing children to be learning-ready.
- Children under the age of 4 must be accompanied by one participating adult. Your smile, warmth and joy is calming, encouraging and supportive and helps children settle in and start participating too. Children learn through imitation.
- The atmosphere during the class is very important. Our words are kind, gentle, soft spoken and melodious. We are trying to create a safe, encouraging and happy place for all the children and you have an important role to play in achieving that.
- Observation before participation. Not all children will start participating in the first class... RELAX... its NORMAL. Choose to either help, encourage or demonstrate by participating yourself, while keeping a close eye on them.
- Re-direct your child through positive encouragement. Don't panic or discourage your child from participating in the class unless your child is doing something that can dangerous like eating the props, loosing control or climbing the furniture. Water is wet, bubbles spill and slime is gooey. Its all part of the sensory experience and learning to regulate behaviour.
- Children an adults should come dressed for the occasion. Its about movement, play and fun... to take full advantage of the activities wear clothes that allow for movement and are comfortable.