Balancing Mindfulness and Fun
KAY or Kidding Around Yoga, encompasses the 5 branches of Yoga in a clear engaging method. A typical KAY class gets the children singing, dancing, skipping, marching, jogging, shaking, laughing, hopping, limbo‐ing, and storytelling ALL while practicing Yoga to original KAY music. It is SO much fun your kids will LOVE it!
Kidding Around Yoga is a style of Yoga that was created by Haris Lender, ERYT 500, in the US.
KAY works well with the NEUROBICS approach and I am really delighted to add KAY to my repertoire.
KAY Yoga at its very essence, is stress management for kids but includes numerous benefits:
- Posture and strength.
- Focus, concentration, strength, coordination and poise.
- Balance between relaxing and invigorating.
- Builds self-awareness and self-esteem.
- Deep relaxation, a special place in their minds where they feel peaceful, happy, and safe.
- Reduces stress and teaches stress management techniques.
- Calmness and clarity of the mind.
- An opportunity to expend energy in a healthy way.
- Allows children & adults to let loose, be silly, and have fun.
- Music and dancing has therapeutic properties and teaches rhythm, tempo, and coordination.
- The principles of Yoga teach kids kindness, sharing, compassion, mindfulness, awareness, and much more. Tools that will serve them for the rest of their lives!